Healthy Hips Australia Ltd (ABN 75 605 680 411). The information contained in this website is intended to support, not replace, discussion with your doctor or healthcare professionals. Every effort is made to ensure this information is up to date, accurate and easy to understand. Healthy Hips Australia accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies, information perceived as misleading. Healthy Hips Australia accepts no responsibility for any loss, expense or liability which you may incur from using or relying on the contents in this website. The information can be reproduce with acknowledgement to Healthy Hips Australia and original sources as cited. Handouts are available to download free of charge at www.healthyhipsaustralia.org.au
Healthy Hips Australia (HHA) Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation offering resources, information, education and support services to the community. HHA gathers information from people to enable delivery of services and to improve the nature of the services provided. Healthy Hips Australia supports and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988, by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and the National Privacy Principles. A copy of the National Privacy Principles can be found at (www.oaic.gov.au).
Collection of Information
What is personal information?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The types of personal information we collect may include your name, date of birth, gender, contact information, credit/debit card information, health information and other information about your history with, or relationship to HHA.
HHA may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, e.g. when you donate, register for an event, respond to a campaign or otherwise provide your personal information to us; and
- With your consent or where otherwise permitted by law, from third parties such as your family members or health care professionals.
- In accordance with the National Privacy Principles, where practical, you may deal with us on an anonymous basis. However, as a provider of a wide range of services, we frequently find that it is necessary to collect personal information during the course of providing our services.
- HHA does not use any prohibited identifiers (for example tax file or health care card numbers).
Whose personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information from people who are connected to our services, operations and activities – including donors, recipients of support services, participants in advocacy campaigns or health promotion projects, health professionals, suppliers, volunteers and service providers. Personal information is only collected by lawful means and where it is reasonably necessary for HHA to collect and use this information.
What we do with your information
The personal information we collect about you may be used for the following purposes (depending on the purposes communicated by you or us at the time we collect the information and on what may otherwise be permitted by relevant legislation):
- Marketing: to communicate with you about donations, products, services, campaigns, causes and events
- Support/education services: to provide you with information about support and education services, and to evaluate and report on these services
- Awareness / health promotion: to provide you with information about risk factors and to seek your support for campaigns
- Volunteering and other support: to enable you to assist us with volunteering, community fundraising, advocacy and other activities where we seek the community’s assistance
- Other issues: communicating with you in relation to our operations, activities and objectives, to verify your identity, to answer your queries, to collect statistics, to improve and evaluate our programs and services, to address issues with your use of our website or services and to comply with relevant laws.
Healthy Hips Australia will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except:
- To related entities;
- To contractors and other third parties appointed by Healthy Hips Australia, including for example website and data hosting providers, technology service providers, advertising and promotional agencies and other persons who perform services for us (and we will seek to agree upon confidentiality terms binding such contractors and other third parties in order to protect any personal information we disclose to them);
- To volunteers who assist Healthy Hips Australia (we will seek agreement by our volunteers to confidentiality terms protecting any personal information we disclose to them);
- To our professional advisers, accountants, insurers, lawyers and auditors on a confidential basis;
- Otherwise with your consent; or
- As otherwise required or permitted by legislation.
Security of information collected
Healthy Hips Australia will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
Sending personal information overseas
Although it is not usual for HHA to transfer personal information overseas, Healthy Hips Australia may send your personal information outside Australia, for example for the purposes of data hosting or processing.
Website usage information and cookies
A cookie does not identify individuals personally, but it does identify computers. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
We may gather your IP address as part of our business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues with our services. This information does not identify you personally.
How to access and correct your personal information
You can update your personal information and access it at any time by contacting us. Access is generally granted within 30 days of that request. Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the Act, all persons may gain access to their personal information that is held by Healthy Hips Australia. A request by an individual to access their personal information may be withheld in a certain number of limited circumstances, as per the Privacy Act 1988. We may impose a reasonable charge for access to cover administration costs.
Terms & Conditions- Donations
Healthy Hips Australia Ltd respects the privacy of individuals, and takes seriously the trust of individuals who generously donate to support the work we do. Healthy Hips Australia Ltd is licensed to collect on-line donations to support the work we do. All donations made over $2 are tax deductible. Our Australian Business Number is ABN 75 605 680 411.
Currency for On-line Donations
Healthy Hips Australia Ltd is an Australian public company. All transactions on this website must be made in Australian (AUD) dollars.
On-line donations to Healthy Hips Australia Ltd are non-refundable. In the event of a payment processing error or payment query please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Line Payment Privacy
Healthy Hips Australia Ltd uses recommended measures to secure your personal information. Banking details are not held by Healthy Hips Australia Ltd.
Last updated January 2024