Hip dysplasia isn’t life threatening, but it can certainly be life changing. Doesn’t it make sense to care for our hips, not just from birth, but always? Make a Hip Wise choice.
Mission of the program
Hip Wise, a community service program, is an initiative of Healthy Hips Australia launching in April 2018.
Currently up to 1 in 50 Australian babies are being treated for hip dysplasia; it is also the leading cause of hip arthritis in adults. This program will aid consumers, especially all parents and parents-to-be, as well as older individuals’ livings with hip dysplasia, to make wiser choices about the products they select with respect to healthy hip development and maintenance.
While the Hip Wise program and the products we approve do not claim to offer cures or treatment for hip dysplasia, we facilitate people make wiser choices, and take the hassle of finding treatment friendly products for those impacted by the condition.
To help people identify hip wise and treatment friendly products, Hip Wise companies use the Hip Wise symbol on their packaging.
Aims of the program
The Hip Wise program has been developed to achieve the following:
- Education Australians about the importance of healthy hip development.
- Encourage manufacturers to produce products that are hip friendly and that could benefit people with hip dysplasia.
- Provide people with a way of identifying products that are hip friendly, and also those that could benefit people with hip dysplasia.
- Generate sponsorship funds to enable Healthy Hips Australia to continue our work in improving awareness, support and early diagnosis for hip dysplasia.
How the sponsorship fees are used
Healthy Hips Australia uses the sponsorship fees generated through the Hip Wise program to support our important work.
Our priorities include:
- Providing reliable information, support and advice for people impacted by hip dysplasia and their families
- Educating health professionals about the latest in hip dysplasia diagnosis and management
- Raising awareness for hip dysplasia, its risk factors and potential signs and symptoms, amongst the general community to combat rising late diagnosis statistics
The Hip Wise program assists in the marketing of products which may benefit people with hip dysplasia, and those that reduce the risk of hip dysplasia. It is represented by a hip symbol to help consumers easily identify products and services that are deemed Hip Wise.
Currently up to 1 in 50 Australian babies are being treated for hip dysplasia; it is also the leading cause of hip arthritis in adults. Participation in the Hip Wise program is a valuable point of difference for your product or service.
The program is a product endorsement/sponsorship program. All approved products and services must satisfy our product advisory panel that they do not harm and may offer relative benefits to people with hip dysplasia. Approved products may be eligible to join the program subject to completion of a licensing agreement and payment of an annual license fee (on a partner basis, this fee is not less than $5,000). Some categories may be exclusive (or have limits) – this may prevent the admission of products into the program that would otherwise be acceptable. Exclusivity is at the discretion of Healthy Hips Australia.
Participation in the Hip Wise program does not represent that the product or service is the best or better than others in a category, simply that the product is acceptable and not harmful based on the evidence available.
Should you have a product you wish to present for consideration by our product advisory panel please contact us for further details via firstname.lastname@example.org