The following hip dysplasia sources are utilised by Healthy Hips Australia for the development of our resources:
Hip Dysplasia Organisations:
- Clarke NM. Swaddling and hip dysplasia: an orthopaedic perspective. Arch Dis Child 2014; 99: 5-6.
- Mahan ST, Kasser JR. Does swaddling influence developmental dysplasia of the hip? Pediatrics 2008; 121: 177-178.
- Wang E, Liu T, Li J, et al. Does swaddling influence developmental dysplasia of the hip? An experimental study of the traditional straight-leg swaddling model in neonatal rats. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2012; 94: 1071-1077.
- Yamamuro T, Ishida K. Recent advances in the prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of congenital dislocation of the hip in Japan. Clin Orthop Relat Res 1984; (184): 34-40
- Williams N, Foster BK, Cundy PJ. Is swaddling damaging our babies’ hips? Med J Aust 2012; 197: 272. https://www. mja.com.au/journal/2012/197/5/ swaddling-damaging-our-babies-hips
- Studer K, Williams N, Antoniou G, Gibson C, Scott H, Scheil WK, Foster BK, Cundy PJ. Increase in late diagnosed developmental dysplasia of the hip in South Australia: risk factors, proposed solutions. Med J Aust 2016: 204 (6): 240.
- Azzopardi T, Van Essen P, Cundy PJ, et al. Late diagnosis of developmental dysplasia of the hip: an analysis of risk factors. J Pediatr Orthop B 2011; 20: 1-7. 5 9. Birke O, Wallgren L, Bridge C, et al. Late open reduction and pelvic femoral osteotomy for increasing numbers of missed walking age DDH hip dislocation vs early treatment with Pavlik harness — evaluation at 5 years follow-up [unpublished presentation]. Australian Paediatric Orthopaedic Society annual scientific meeting, Noosa (Australia), 22 Sept 2012.
- Tschauner C, Furntrath F, Saba Y, et al. Developmental dysplasia of the hip: impact of sonographic newborn hip screening on the outcome of early treated decentered hip joints-a single center retrospective comparative cohort study based on Graf’s method of hip ultrasonography. J Child Orthop 2011; 5: 415-424.
- Thallinger C, Pospischill R, Ganger R, et al. Long-term results of a nationwide general ultrasound screening system for developmental disorders of the hip: the Austrian hip screening program. J Child Orthop 2014; 8: 3-10.
- Lisle R, Boekelaar M, Stannage K, Whitewood C. Delayed diagnosis of developmental dislocation of the hip: the Western Australian experience. ANZ J Surg 2012; 82: 612-615.
Links to additional sources of information can also be found on our Resources for Health Professionals page.
Page Update: 20 June 2018