Healthy Hips Christmas Message 2015
Dear Healthy Hips Family and Friends,
What an amazing year it has been. I have been excited to see Healthy Hips Australia blossom from an idea, in February, to where it is today.
My Highlights for 2015 are;
- Launch of the Healthy Hips Australia website
- Our registration as a national health promotion charity
- Recipient of a $20, 000 grant from Real Insurance from their Real Needs Community Grants Program
- Development of a series of tips & hints handouts and education flyers; providing practical support to parents of children with DDH as well as generating awareness for hip dysplasia in the general community
- My appointment to the International Advisory Board of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
I’d like to make a special thanks to the following individuals, and businesses, who have supported either me personally, in my development, or Healthy Hips Australia in its development.
- Aver Group Accountants
- Real Insurance
- Fertile Mind – Christine Kininmonth and team
- Kevin McCarthy – Orthotic Computer Technology
- Jason Allan
- DDH mums – Bethanie, Sophie and Brodie-Lee
- Melinda Ricci
- Australian Paediatric Orthopaedic Society Presidents: Bruce Foster and Michael Stening
- Orthopaedic Surgeons - Kate Stannage, Bruce Foster, and Nicole Williams
- Sue Henderson
- Tammy Tansley
- Bruce McCowan
- Kate Goodman
- Sharon Vladusic
- Dreamfit Foundation Founder Darren Lomman and Amanda Young Foundation Founder Barry Young
- Chad Price – Chairman of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
- My family and friends
- The DDH parent community and especially those who've come forward to volunteer their support. We will be in touch in the new year.
My final thanks goes to the Healthy Hips Australia board of Directors and Secretary, whom without their support HHA would not be operating today. I have been fortunate to attract a talented, passionate and committed group to help steer HHA towards our goals for 2016 and beyond. Thank you Chris Pearce, Greg Godwin, Ruby Johnston, Amy Lymbery, Bruce Matthews and Robert Twomey.
Please join us on our mission to increase hip dysplasia support, education and awareness in Australia; we have some exciting goals for 2016. Until then, I’d like to wish everyone a happy, safe and relaxing festive period.